- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Enchilada Sauce Recipe Video
|Chile||3 Ounce, dried (new mexico)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.6 mg4.2%
Sodium 1110 mg46.3%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 33.1% Vitamin C 389.2%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove stems, veins, and seeds from chiles. Tear the chiles into 1-2” pieces and place in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
2. In a pan, heat oil and sauté onions.
3. Add garlic and cook for few minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce and chicken stock. Simmer for few minutes.
5. Drain the chiles and add to the pan and continue to simmer for five more minutes.
6. Serve with bread or any snack.