- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Enchilada Casserole For 4 Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn chips||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Canned whole tomatoes||8 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Canned diced green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1373 Calories from Fat 823
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.2%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.4 mg
Sodium 1540.3 mg64.2%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 46 g92.7%
Vitamin A 75.1% Vitamin C 39.3%
Calcium 47.3% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium microwavable casserole, combine ground beef with onion.
2. Cover dish with lid or with cling film.
3. Microwave at HIGH for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes, or until beef is lightly browned.
4. Drain off excess fat.
5. Stir in lightly crushed corn chips, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green chilies and chili powder.
6. Return dish to microwave and reduce power to 8
7. Microwave for another 7 to 8 minutes until mixture is well heated.
8. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the mixture.
9. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese melts.
10. Spoon out onto 4 individual plates.
11. Garnish each portion with shredded lettuce and tomato slices.