- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Enchilada Bake Recipe
|Cooked dry beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Mushrooms||6 , sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (Made From Partially Skimmed Milk)|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Made From Partially Skimmed Milk)|
|Low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black olives||6 , sliced|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 346.7 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 49.3%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Oil a 1 1/2-quart casserole and place aside.
3) In a pan, sautÃ© onion, garlic, mushrooms and pepper over medium heat.
4) Stir in beans, tomatoes, spices, salt and wine.
5) Allow to simmer the mixture for about 30 minutes.
6) Combine ricotta cheese and yogurt.
7) In the casserole, make a layer of tortillas.
8) Add a layer of sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons of grated cheese and 4 tablespoons of cheese-yogurt mixture.
9) Repeat the layering to use all the ingredients and finish with a layer of sauce.
10) Top with cheese-yogurt mixture and black olives.
11) Place the casserole inside oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
12) Serve warm by garnishing with grated cheese, if desired.