- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Enchilada (Vegetarian Choice) - Mexican Cuisine Recipe Video
|For the enchilada sauce|
|Enchilada sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed)|
|Enchilada seasoning mix||1 Tablespoon|
|Chunky salsa sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|For the refried beans|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Refried beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning mix||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Rest of the ingredients for the enchilada|
|Corn tortillas||8 Medium, baked|
|Cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded (Mexican cheese used)|
|Assorted vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), stir fried (Vegetable fajita used)|
|Mexican rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|For the garnish|
|Lettuce||4 Tablespoon, chopped (Seasoned with vinegar, olive oil and salt)|
|Sour cream||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.6%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg6.7%
Sodium 2112.9 mg88%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 61.9% Vitamin C 100.2%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take tortillas and bake them lightly one at a time on high heat over a grilled rack directly on the stove. When done set them aside covered with a damp towel to prevent them from drying.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. In a large saucepan, add the enchilada sauce and into the sauce add the enchilada seasoning mix and salsa. Stir and let the sauce simmer.
4. Meanwhile take a pot with a couple of tablespoons of oil and heat it. Add the refried beans to it and some taco seasoning mix and stir well. After a couple of minutes, turn off the heat.
5. Take a bowl and spoon a little of the enchilada sauce into it. Place one tortilla over the sauce, flip sides to coat it completely with the sauce.
6. Spoon a little of the refried beans on one half of the tortilla followed by a spoon of vegetables topped with a few sprinkles of cheese. Roll the tortilla and place it to one side of the bowl.
7. Repeat the same with the other tortilla and place it on the bowl next to the first one. Pour some more enchilada sauce over the top followed by some vegetables and sprinkles of the Mexican cheese.
8. Garnish with olives followed by a some more sprinkles of cheese. Put some cooked Mexican rice beside the tortillas on the bowl and bake it in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes till the cheese melts.
9. Serve the enchiladas garnished with some guacamole, chopped seasoned lettuce leaves and a dollop of sour cream.
Season the lettuce with vinegar, olive oil and salt.