- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Emperor's Crumbs Hungarian Dessert Recipe Video
|Semolina flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , seperated|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Zest of lemon||1|
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.3 mg
Sodium 147 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 56.5 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix together the semolina flour and milk and let it sit for an hour or so to let the semolina absorb the milk.
2. In a mixer bowl, mix the egg yolks together with vanilla, salt, lemon zest and sugar in a stand mixer using paddle attachment, until it turns light and fluffy.
3. Stir the yolk mixture into the milk mixture.
4. In a clean mixer bowl, beat the egg whites into soft peaks and fold it into the milk and egg mixture.
5. In a non-stick pan, melt some butter and add about a ladle of batter let it cook until the edges starts to firm up.
6. Stir the batter and scrape occasionally with a spatula or wooden spoon until it starts to forms into crumb for about 5 minutes.
7. Keep the egg mixture stirring and scraping until the mixture is soft for about 15 minutes and cooked throughout.
8. Serve hot with powdered sugar or with jam, or with compote or drizzle with some syrup if desired.