- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Empanada Recipe Video
|Puff pastry sheets||2|
|Monterey jack cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Chicken stuffing||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the salsa|
|Tomatillo||4 Medium, quartered|
|Jalapenos||1 Medium, slice|
|Cilantro springs||6 Medium|
|Onions||1 Small, quartered|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.6%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.3 mg
Sodium 1083.3 mg45.1%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedNon-stick baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
2. Cut the tomatillo and onions into quarter, slice the jalapenos and wash the cilantro, set aside.
3. Place the puff pastry sheets on the work top and cut three medium size circle; place the chicken stuffing in the center, dip you finger in a bowl of water and brush water around the edges of the pastry.
4. Place some Monterey jack cheese on top of the chicken and gently fold them into a half moon, press the edges together and seal the edges.
5. Press the dough with the back of a fork to give it a pretty look.
6. Once done place the empanada on a non-stick baking tray.
7. Bake the empanada for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. In the meantime make the tomatillo salsa, in a pot place the tomatillo, jalapenos, cilantro sprigs, onions and water.
9. Let it simmer until the tomatillo becomes soft, once done blend the mixture in a blender until you get a sauce like consistency.
10. Remove the empanada and let it rest.
11. Serve the empanada along with the tomatillo salsa on the side.