- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Empanada Recipe Video
|Red pepper||1 , chopped finely|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Chopped pancetta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced chorizo||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pizza dough sheet||2|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 34.2 mg
Sodium 623.6 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 47.7%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a greased baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a pan, fry chorizo and pancetta for 6 minutes or until nice and cooked through.
3. Add red pepper and onion. Stir well and cook until softened. Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
4. Lay a pizza dough sheet on the baking tray and spread olive oil on it.
5. Spread meat mixture on the pizza sheet, leaving space around the edges.
6. Place another sheet on top and seal the edges with fork.
7. Brush top with some olive oil and pierce with fork to allow steam to escape.
8. Pop in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until nice and golden.
9. Serve and enjoy!