- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Emma's Italian Meatballs: Food For A Cure! on "Simply Delicious Living with Maryann" Recipe Video
|Italian bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, diced|
|Parmesan cheese/Romano cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), diced|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.2 mg26.7%
Sodium 715.8 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.95%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 20 g39.4%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 31.9% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, heat oil and sauté onions, garlic and fresh basil in olive oil and white wine until they turn a light brown.
2. In a large bowl, place the sauteed onion, garlic and basil.
3. In a the bowl, add ground beef, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well and form balls.
4. In the skillet, pour olive oil and put meatballs in the skillet and cook until nice brown.
5. Serve with red sauce or pasta.