- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Emergency Kimchi Recipe Video
|Cabbage/Napa cabbage||2 Pound, cut in strips|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Curing and salt is washed away)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For kimchi paste|
|Fish sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot pepper flakes||1⁄3 Cup (5.28 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Green onion||4 , sliced|
|Julienne cut carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 49 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.61 g0.93%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 493.3 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 45.7% Vitamin C 65.8%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, put together salt and water and stir until the salt dissolves.
2. Add in the cabbage, mix well and set aside for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the kimchi paste and set aside.
4. After 10 minutes, drain the cabbage, wash and drain the cabbage for couple of time, finally drain the cabbage.
5. Wearing gloves, add the cabbage with kimchi paste and mix well.
6. In a container, put the kimchi and press it down to avoid the kimchi being exposed to air.
7. Use and serve the kimchi as desired or set it aside to ferment for few days.