- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Emerald Salad Molds Recipe
|Lime flavor gelatin||6 Ounce (Lime-Flavor Gelatin)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Radishes||6 , sliced thin|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 , trimmed and sliced thin|
|Cucumbers||2 Small, scored and sliced thin|
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.4%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.5 mg
Sodium 240.5 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 0.31 g1.2%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 3 g5%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 0.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium glass bowl, dissolve gelatin in hot water then stir in cold water
2. Chill for 1 hour until it thickens.
3. Place 8 (5-ounce) custard cups or molds in shallow pan of ice and water.
4. Spoon 1 tablespoon chilled gelatin into each cup and let it semi-set
5. Neatly arrange 5 or 6 radish slices, slightly overlapping in each cup
6. Carefully spoon another tablespoon of gelatin and let set.
7. Stir lemon juice, salt and liquid red pepper seasoning into remaining gelatin
8. Measure out 1/2 cup and stir into sour cream in small bowl. Keep both of these gelatin mixtures at room temperature while filling molds.
9. Layer sour-cream mixture over radish layer in each cup.
10. When slightly set, carefully spoon in 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper gelatin and let set. Arrange a layer of green-onion slices on top and let set
11. Stir remaining green-onion slices into remaining lemon-pepper gelatin and fill cups, dividing evenly.
12. Remove cups from ice and water and transfer to refrigerator to set completely and chill.
13. To serve, on each serving plate, arrange a ring of cucumber overlapping slices.
14. Unmold salads by first loosening around edges with a thin-blade knife, then dipping quickly in and out of a pan of hot water and inverting onto each cucumber ring.