- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elote - Mexican Style Grilled Corn Recipe Video
|Corn ears||4 (Husks on)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For brushing the corn)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ancho chili paste/Chili pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Cotija cheese/Feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Lime||1 Small, wedged|
|Chili pepper/Chili pepper powder||To Taste, minced|
Calories 483 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.3 mg
Sodium 339.4 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.3%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 34.3% Vitamin C 42.9%
Calcium 3% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, soak 4 ears of corn with the husks on in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill on high heat.
3. When the grill is hot, place the corns down on the grill and turn the heat down to low. Close the lid and let them cook for about 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, take the husks off the corn and place back on the grill. Brush lightly with butter and continue to cook until the kernels start to take on a bit of color.
5. Once done, set aside.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine the ancho chili paste with mayo and set aside.
7. On a chopping board, place one corn and coat it with the mayonnaise-chili paste. Sprinkle some cotija and minced red chili peppers. Season with salt if needed. Do the same for the rest of the grilled corns.
8. Serve the grilled corn with some wedges of fresh lime.