- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ellen's Hot And Sour Soup Recipe
|Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs), defatted|
|Shiitake mushrooms||1 Ounce, dried, rinsed well|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Scallions||3 , finely julienned (3 Inches Green Left On)|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled and finely julienned|
|Snow peas||2 Ounce, finely julienned|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely julienned|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled, minced|
|Shrimp||4 Ounce, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped|
|Pork tenderloin||8 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Hot chili oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Enoki mushrooms/White mushrooms - 4 ounces, cleaned, stems trimmed, and thinly slivered||1 Ounce, stems trimmed|
|Bean curd||8 Ounce, cut into 1/4-inch cubes|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs), crispy fried (As Needed, For Garnish)|
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.7 mg
Sodium 1302.3 mg54.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of the chicken broth and bring it to boil.
2. Add the shiitake mush-rooms and remove from the heat.
3. Let it soak in broth for 1 hour.
4. After 1 hour, spoon out shiitake mushrooms and strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth.
5. Keep the liquid aside for cooling.
6. Chop off the tough stems.
7. Slice the mushroom caps thinly.
8. Refrigerate the reserved liquid until slightly chilled.
9. Combine the chilled liquid with the chili oil and corn-starch.
10. In a soup pot, boil 6 cups chicken broth, the vinegar, and soy sauce.
11. Add the shiitake mush-rooms, scallions, carrot, snow peas, bamboo shoots, garlic, ginger, shrimp, and pork.
12. Heat to boil the soup again.
13. Simmer gently over reduced heat for 8 minutes.
14. Gradually add the chilled liquid mixture to the soup; keep stirring gently.
15. Add the enoki mushrooms, bean curd, and peas.
16. Simmer with constant stirring for about 2 minutes until the soup thickens slightly.
17. Season with salt to taste.
18. Garnished with crispy fried noodles.