- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elizabeth s Orange Blossom Muffins Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|All purpose flour||4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From Package)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil/Melted shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 469 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.1%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.4 mg
Sodium 113.6 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 39.2 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Prepare topping, by combining 1/4 cup of the sugar, the flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3) Add butter or margarine to cut in until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4) In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and remaining 1/4 cup sugar and make a well in the center.
5) In another bowl, add beaten egg, orange juice, and cooking oil to combine.
6) Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir to moisten.
7) Fold in marmalade and pecans.
8) Grease muffin pan or line with paper bake cups to fill cups 2/3 full.
9) Sprinkle the topping on top and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
10) Serve muffins by sprinkling confectioners’ sugar on top, if desired.