- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elegant Banana Pie Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant coffee powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Evaporated milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baked pastry shell||9 Inch|
|Bananas||2 , sliced|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1560 Calories from Fat 414
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.8%
Saturated Fat 24 g120.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 754.8 mg251.6%
Sodium 731.6 mg30.5%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 166.2 g
Protein 60 g120.8%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 102% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a ¼ cup of chilled water, soften the gelatin and then set aside.
2. Combine sugar, cinnamon, coffee powder and salt in top of double boiler; add egg yolks and evaporated milk and mix well. Cook on gentle heat till the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
3. Pour the gelatin and vanilla into the mixture and mix well.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and then fold into gelatin mixture.
5. Spoon half the gelatin mixture into pastry shell and then arrange bananas on top. Cover with remaining gelatin mixture. Refrigerate pie for several hours.
6. Serve chilled with whipped cream