- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elegant Orange Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange||2 Teaspoon, extract|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Powdered sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9060 Calories from Fat 3089
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 352 g541.9%
Saturated Fat 134.4 g671.8%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 1249.1 mg
Sodium 4032.2 mg168%
Total Carbohydrates 1396 g465.4%
Dietary Fiber 67.9 g271.6%
Sugars 900 g
Protein 134 g267.7%
Vitamin A 116.5% Vitamin C 68.2%
Calcium 71.6% Iron 56.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease two (9-inch) layer cake pans. Dust them with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
3. Sift flour with baking soda and salt. Stir in the raisins and walnuts. Keep aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, shortening and sugar.
5. Blend at medium speed using an electric mixer or a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating constantly until well blended with creamed mixture.
7. Add the sifted dry ingredients, alternately adding the buttermilk and beat 2 minutes.
8. Stir in the orange extract.
9. Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing it equally.
10. Bake immediately in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until spongy to touch and skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cakes.
11. Remove cake pans from the oven and let the cakes cool in pans for 5 minutes.
12. Invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
13. In the mean time prepare the frosting by combine the ingredients and beating with an electric hand mixture until smooth and creamy. Add additional orange juice, to adjust the consistency
14. Sandwich cakes and cover tops and sides with Orange Frosting.
15. Serve garnished with grated orange peel, if desired.