- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elegant Espresso Custards Recipe
|Half-and-half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Espresso coffee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.4%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g101.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 499.3 mg166.4%
Sodium 692.7 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.53 g2.1%
Sugars 51.3 g
Protein 18 g36.8%
Vitamin A 27% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, add half-and-half, heat and scald. Add espresso, orange peel and remove from heat, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs, yolk, sugar until well blended.
3. Add expresso mixture to the egg mixture gradually continue to stir, add vanilla and salt.
4. Into 6 six ounce custard cups, strain and pour the mixture.
5. Place the cups into shallow baking tray with some water in the tray.
6. In a preheated oven, bake at 150 degrees centigrade for about 45 minutes, until well set.
7. Cool and chill.
8. De-mold and serve chilled.