- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elegant Date Fingers Recipe
|Pitted dates||3⁄4 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Uncooked oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4010 Calories from Fat 1463
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g259.5%
Saturated Fat 81.5 g407.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 322.5 mg
Sodium 2847.8 mg118.7%
Total Carbohydrates 623 g207.6%
Dietary Fiber 42.5 g169.8%
Sugars 404.1 g
Protein 42 g83.2%
Vitamin A 81.7% Vitamin C 118%
Calcium 41.2% Iron 93.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine dates, water, and orange juice in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes, or until mixture is blended and thick. Stir in pecans and set aside.
3. Cream butter with orange peel and almond extract; add brown sugar gradually, beating until fluffy.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; add in thirds to creamed mixture, mixing until blended after each addition. Stir in oats.
5. Spread half the mixture in an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Spread date filling over dough to within 1/4 inch of sides of the pan; pat remaining dough to fit square on marked-off waxed paper. Invert waxed paper on top of filling and press down gently; carefully peel off waxed paper.
6. Bake at 400°F 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely; cut into bars and remove from pan. Sift the confectioners' sugar over bars.