- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elegant Crabmeat Casserole Recipe
|Shell macaroni||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lump crabmeat||1 Pound, cartilage removed|
|Canned quartered artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded gruyere cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
Calories 1022 Calories from Fat 591
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.4%
Saturated Fat 40.4 g202%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.8 mg
Sodium 765.8 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 48 g95%
Vitamin A 51.3% Vitamin C 28.1%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Take a stockpot or 6 quart Dutch oven and add 3 quarts of water to it. Boil the water, add salt and macaroni and cook for about 8-12 minutes, until macaroni is soft.
3) Drain macaroni and set aside.
4) Now, take a 3 quart saucepan and place it over low heat. Melt butter in it.
5) Stir in onions and cook until soft and golden.
6) Add flour and stir until well blended.
7) Whisk in cream and cook until the sauce comes to a boil.
8) Turn off the stove and add wine, pepper, and salt to the sauce.
9) Next, take a clean large mixing bowl and gently mix crabmeat, lemon juice and artichokes in it. Add cooked macaroni to this and pour cream sauce on top, stirring gently.
10) Transfer the mixture to a greased 3 quart casserole and drizzle paprika and shredded cheese on top.
11) Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
12) Serve hot.