- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elegant Chicken Loaf Recipe
|Ground chicken||1 Pound|
|Mushrooms||7 Ounce, ground|
|Toasted almonds||7 Ounce, ground|
|White sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained|
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 162.4 mg
Sodium 1012.9 mg42.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat water for hot water bath.
3. Put chicken, muchrooms and toasted almonds through food chopper (using fine blade).
4. Set aside.
5. Prepare Medium White Sauce.
6. Vigorously stir about 3 tablespoons of hot sauce into egg yolks, slightly beaten.
7. Immediately return egg yolk mixture to sauce, stirring vigorously.
8. Stir into sauce the chicken, mushrooms, almonds and soft bread crumbs, chopped pimiento, and a mixture of salt, pepper and paprika.
9. Beat egg whites until rounded peaks are formed.
10 Spread beaten egg whites over chicken mixture and fold together.
11. Turn mixture into pan.
12. Bake in the hot water bath at 350°F about 1 hr. 10 min.
13. To unmold, loosen loaf gently from sides of pan with spatula. Invert onto warm serving plate and remove pan.
14. Serve at once with mushroom sauce and additional toasted almonds.