- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Electric Skillet Scones Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 2.8 mg
Sodium 598.6 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 28.4% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, sift in dry ingredients.
2) Cut the shortening into the dry mixture.
3) Add milk to the dry mixture and combine to prepare dough.
4) Divide the dough into 3 equal parts.
5) Shape the parts in circular pieces with ¾ inch thickness. Cut each circles into quarters.
6) Place the skillet on stove and heat to 300 degrees F.
7) Place the quartered dough over the hot skillet.
8) Cover the skillet and cook for 7 minutes.
9) Carefully turn the quarters and cook for another 5 minutes.
10) Serve the scones with your choice of spread or fruit jam.
Use biscuit mix, to prepare the scones even faster.