- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elderflower Wine Recipe
|Elderflowers||1 Pint (Lightly Pressed Down)|
|Sugar||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Grape tannin||1 Teaspoon|
|Yeast nutrient||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
|Lemons||3 , juiced|
|Yeast||1 Teaspoon (Use As Required)|
Calories 1418 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.35 g0.54%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.6 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 368 g122.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 344.1 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 46.4%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, place the elderflowers, sugar and raisins.
2) Stream the boiling water over the elderflower mixture.
3) Allow to cool, and add tannin, nutrient, lemon juice and yeast.
4) Place in a warm place, well covered for 4-5 days to ferment.
5) Pass through sieve into a fermentation jar,
6) Put the air-lock and leave to ferment out as usual, racking for the first time when the wine starts to clear.
7) The second racking will probably be about 2 months later.
8) Use as desired.
Collect the flowers on a sunny day when they are fully open.
Cut the flowers from the stems with a pair of scissors.