- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elba's Sausage Meatballs Recipe Video
|Ground pork||1 Pound (For Meatballs)|
|Sofrito||4 Tablespoon (2 tbsp. for For Meatballs and 2 tbsp. for tomato sauce)|
|Egg||1 , beaten (For Meatballs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (For Meatballs)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Tablespoon (For Meatballs)|
|Complete seasoning||2 Tablespoon (1 tbsp. for For Meatballs and 1 tbsp. for tomato sauce)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Italian style seasoned - For Meatballs)|
|Shallots||2 , diced (For Meatballs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste - For Meatballs)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste - For Meatballs)|
|Tomato||4 Large, chopped (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Shallot||1 , diced (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon (For Tomato Sauce)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Tomato Sauce)|
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.1%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143 mg47.7%
Sodium 992.8 mg41.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 31 g61.3%
Vitamin A 39.6% Vitamin C 53.3%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Spray the cooking sheet with cooking spray.
3. For Tomato Sauce - Heat a skillet over medium heat.
4. Pour in extra virgin olive oil, add in garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add in tomatoes and try to mash with a fork. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Pour in sofrito in the tomato mixture; add in shallots, seasoning, basil and black pepper. Mix well , simmer for 15 minutes.
7. In large bowl, combine pork, sofrito, egg, parmesan cheese, fennel seeds, complete seasoning, bread crumbs, shallots, salt and pepper.
8. Incorporate the ingredients well.
9. Make meat balls and place over the cookie sheet.
10. Bake the meatballs in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
11. Take out the meatballs from the oven and add in tomato sauce, simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Serve meatballs dipped in tomato sauce with linguini.