- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Elba's Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
|Tomato||4 Large, chopped|
|Shallot||1 , diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Complete seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (according to taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 481
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.2%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 395.5 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.1%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 13 g26.8%
Vitamin A 137% Vitamin C 185.8%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 35.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
2. Pour in extra virgin olive oil, add in garlic and season for 2 minutes.
3. Add in tomatoes and try to mash that with fork. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Pour in sofrito in the tomato mixture; add in shallots, seasoning, basil and black pepper. Mix well , simmer for 15 minutes
5. Serve tomato sauce with homemade sausage meatballs and linguini.
Tomatoes are easy to mash, once they are warm.