- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bananas Foster Recipe Video
|Banana||4 Medium, peeled|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (loosely packed)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juiced|
|Banana liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Rum/Bacardi 151||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla icecream||2 Cup (32 tbs), slow churned (or premium)|
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.7 mg18.9%
Sodium 66.5 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 22.9%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
2. Add brown sugar and stir until it becomes a light caramel color and is smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add lemon juice and mix well.
4. Split bananas in half lengthwise.
5. Increase the temperature until the caramel boils.
6. Add the bananas (gently)
7. Add both of the alcohols.
8. Ignite the alcohol immediately with a lighter to make a show and to help alcohol burn off .
9. Cook bananas for about 2 minutes, flipping gently to completely coat and warm.
10. Transfer two banana halves to each plate and serve with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
11. Drizzle excess caramel sauce over the entire plate
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website