- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eight Layer Torte Recipe
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Double-acting baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1240 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 642.9 mg
Sodium 993.7 mg41.4%
Total Carbohydrates 242 g80.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.5%
Sugars 151.7 g
Protein 35 g69.2%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 43.6% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grease and line a 15 x l0 inch pan with waxed paper.
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Beat eggs in a small bowl with an egg beater or at high
speed of an electric mixer.
3. Add sugar gradually and beat thoroughly until mixture
becomes fluffy and thick and light-colored.
4. Gradually fold in flour and vanilla.
5. Pour batter into the panwhich has been lined with waxed
6. Bake in a hot oven 13 minutes.
7. Turn cake out onto a cloth which has been lightly sprinkled
with confectioners' sugar.
8. Quickly remove paper and cut off crisp edges of cake.
9. Let cool on cake rack.