- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggs Benedict Recipe
|Hollandaise sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked ham slices||1⁄2 Pound|
|Parsley sprigs/Watercress sprigs||8|
Calories 1080 Calories from Fat 582
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.4%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 888.9 mg
Sodium 1765.7 mg73.6%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.3%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 59 g117.1%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 35.6% Iron 43.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Warm the hollandaise sauce and place over warm water
2. Slice the muffins in half, crosswise and then place on cookie sheet.
3. Spread each cut side with 1 teaspoon butter.
4. Toast until golden-brown; cover; keep warm.
5. In large skillet, bring 1 inch water to simmering; add salt. Break one egg at a time into custard cup and then slip eggs into water carefully, one by one. Then poach, covered, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in large skillet, sauté the ham about 3 minutes on each side and then cut in half. Arrange ham slices on muffins.
7. Remove eggs with slotted utensil; trim if necessary, being careful not to break yolk. Place eggs on ham; top with Hollandaise Sauce. Run under broiler until sauce is golden. With broad spatula, remove to serving plates.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve hot