- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggs with Cheese Minorcan Style Recipe
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), freshly grated|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄5 Cup (3.2 tbs)|
Calories 256 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.4 mg86.1%
Sodium 274.9 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, heat the butter.
2) Once the butter is hot enough, add the onion and gently cook for a few minutes. Ensure that the onion does not turn brown.
3) Add the parsley, grated cheese and wine and gently simmer till the cheese has melted. This takes about 5 minutes of cooking.
4) Into the mixture, break the eggs and poach them very slowly in the cheese-and-wine sauce till just set.
5) Put the preparation on a serving plate and serve while still hot. Can be served on toasted and buttered bread. Makes a good appetizer.