- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggs Sur Le Plat with Wine Sauce Recipe
|Red wine||700 Milliliter|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beurre manie||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 219.7 mg
Sodium 345.7 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the to 350 degree F
2. Grease 8 ramekin or cocotte dishes with oil or butter.
3. In a saucepan, combine the wine, onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Place the pan over a medium flame and boil the liquid for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk in cubes of cold beurre manie, stirring continuously until well blended.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce, stirring frequently, until it thickens.
7. Take pan off the heat, taste and adjust seasoning and add sugar if required.
8. Spoon the sauce into the prepared ramekin dishes and cool slightly.
9. Break 1 egg at a time in a saucer.
10. Carefully slide one egg into each dish.
11. Arrange the ramekin moulds on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake the eggs for about 10-15 minutes till whites set.
12. Remove from the oven and serve the eggs in the dishes accompanied with hot rolls or butter toasts