- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggs Stuffed with Sardine Recipe
|Lemon juice||1 Dash|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
|Crisp lettuce leaves||4|
Calories 76 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.3 mg
Sodium 170.7 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan, place egg and add water to cover them.
2. Cover and bring it to boil, and then boil for 10 minutes.
3. Drain eggs and let them cool down.
4. When the eggs are cool enough to handle, remove the shells and slice the eggs in half lengthways.
5. Into a mixing basin, push the yolks out of the whites with the tip of a knife blade.
6. Add the sardines (tails removed) to the boiled egg yolk and mash the ingredients with a fork.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Beat in the lemon juice and cream or mayonnaise.
9. Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg white halves, dividing it equally between each one.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley.
11. Over each of four crisp lettuce leaves, arrange 2 stuffed eggs.
12. Place thinly sliced brown bread and butter alongside the eggs.
13. Serve immediately.