- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggs Monegasque Recipe
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red leaf lettuce head||1 Small (1 Small Head)|
|Ripe tomato||1 Large|
|Salmon caviar||4 Ounce (1 Jar)|
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 296.2 mg
Sodium 567 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 165.5% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash lettuce, discard discolored leaves and pat dry with paper towels.
2) Wash tomatoes, core and cut crosswise into 8 slices.
3) Wash anchovies and split lengthwise. Keep aside.
4) In medium-size saucepan add cold water. Place eggs and boil covered over high heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
5) Take a medium-size bowl, half fill with cold water and keep aside.
6) Trasnsfer eggs to the bowl of cold water.
7) Peel eggs and halve to remove the yolk
8) In a small bowl drive 4 yolks and 1 whole hard-boiled egg through sieve. Set aside remaining egg white halves.
9) Add mayonnaise to the sieved eggs and mix thoroughly.
10) Shift egg mixture to pastry bag with medium-size fluted tip and pipe into reserved egg white halves. Spoon mixture into egg white halves. Keep stuffed eggs on plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
11) Line 4 individual salad plates with lettuce and keep aside. Reserve lettuce for use later.
12) Separate tomatoes among lettuce-lined plates.
13) On the prepared plates divide stuffed eggs and place 1 anchovy strip and some salmon caviar on it. Keep covered and refrigerate till ready to serve.
14) Serve as a side dish.