- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggs Florentine Recipe
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, cleaned|
|Swiss cheese slice||2 Ounce, cut into strips|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.2 mg
Sodium 675.3 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 140.9% Vitamin C 36.7%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use fork to pierce through frozen spinach package. Spread it on a paper towel and microwave it for about 3 minutes at High until it gets defrosted.
2. Take it out from oven , drain the spinach and keep it aside.
3. Take 1 ½ quart glass casserole and add onion, mushrooms and 1 tbsp butter into it. Microwave it for about 3-3 ½ minutes at High until the mushrooms and onion become tender Stir it once during the cooking time.
4. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, drained spinach, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to the casserole and blend it well. Divide the mixture equally into 4 10-ounce glass dishes. Create a depression in each of these glasses and keep them aside.
5. Grease the bottoms of four 6-ounce glass custard cup and add eggs into each cup and pierce it through egg yolk. Wrap it with plastic and microwave it for about 6-7 minutes at Medium-low or until it is set. Rotate the cups and rearrange them after the gap of 2 minutes and 4 minutes.
6. Take out the eggs from oven and keep them aside.
7. Microwave the four dishes with spinach mixture for 2 minutes at High or until the spinach is thoroughly heated. Add eggs into each depression and arrange 2 strips of cheese on each egg in a crisscross fashion. Microwave it uncovered for about 1-1/2 minutes at High until the cheese starts melting.
8. Serve after spraying the salt and pepper over the eggs .