- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggs En Cocotte with Cream Recipe
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
Calories 127 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.5 mg
Sodium 196.6 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.03%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.8% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. Warm 4 small warm ramekin dishes.
3. Grease the dishes thoroughly with butter.
4. Into each of the prepared dish, carefully crack an egg into each.
5. Season well with salt and pepper.
6. Top with a tablespoon of cream over each egg.
7. In a large roasting or baking tin, place the ramekin dishes and pour boiling water to within 1/2 inch (1 cm) of the rims of the dishes.
8. Cover the pan and place in the centre the oven and poach the eggs for 10-12 minutes until the egg white is set but the yolk is still runny.
9. Serve immediately.