- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggs Caliente Recipe Video
|Refried beans||1 Pound (canned)|
|Salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
Calories 828 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 471 mg157%
Sodium 3211.3 mg133.8%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44.1%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 39 g77.4%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 53% Iron 65%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300 F.
2. On a foil lined baking pan, place both the tortillas.
3. Using a spoon spread the refried beans, equally on each tortilla, in an even layer.
4. In a hot non-stick pan, break 2 eggs at a time, cook until the egg white is firm, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder, flip the eggs, season and cook the other side.
5. Cook the remaining 2 eggs in the same way.
6. Place 2 eggs on 1 tortilla, spoon the salsa over the eggs and spread all over the tortilla.
7. Sprinkle cheese evenly on both the tortillas, spread all over.
8. Bake the pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, for the last the minute turn the oven to broiler and cook until it starts to bubble.
9. On a serving plate, place 1 egg caliente, put a dollop of sour cream in center and garnish with parsley or cilantro and serve hot.