- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggs Baked In Tomato Cups Recipe
|Tomatoes||2 Large, cut in half|
|Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon (Basil, Parsley)|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Swiss And Cheddar)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 563 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.2%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g83.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 795.3 mg
Sodium 1410.3 mg58.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 38 g76.4%
Vitamin A 108.1% Vitamin C 90.1%
Calcium 83.1% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) From the tomatoes, remove the seeds and pulp carefully.
2) Drain the tomato halves by putting them up-side down.
3) Along with fresh herbs and shallots, chop the pulp and season with pepper and salt.
4) Into each empty tomato shell, slip an egg yolk gently.
5) Cover each shell with some of the tomato mix and place them in a baking dish.
6) Mix the cheese and sprinkle each tomato generously with it. Bake till the cheese is bubbly.
7) Serve hot with crusty bread.