- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Side Dish (gaji namul) Recipe Video
|Asian eggplant||3 Medium, rinsed and|
|Soy sauce||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 , minced|
|Roasted sesame seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lettuce leaves||4 Large|
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 541.9 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.6%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and cut eggplants into 3 pieces and cut each piece in half lengthwise.
2. In a steamer, pour water and put in the eggplant pieces.
3. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 15 minutes over high heat.
4. Turn the heat off and transfer eggplant to a bowl, and allow it to cool completely.
5. Drain the liquid form the bowl and tear each piece of eggplant lengthwise with your fingers.
6. In a large bowl, put the eggplant, and add in garlic, pepper flakes, green onion, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
7. Mix all the ingredients together with your hand.
8. Serve over bed of lettuce leaves with rice as a side dish.