- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Curry with Tamarind and Yogurt Recipe Video
|Eggplant||2 Large, dice|
|Garlic &ginger paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Caraway seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the spice mixture.)|
|Fennel seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the spice mixture.)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the spice mixture.)|
|Pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the spice mixture.)|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the gravy mixture.)|
|Tamarind paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the gravy mixture.)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (Leveled) (for the gravy mixture.)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.7 mg
Sodium 4695.8 mg195.7%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g36.9%
Dietary Fiber 39.5 g157.9%
Sugars 59.5 g
Protein 20 g39.7%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 48.1%
Calcium 30% Iron 49.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dice eggplant and microwave for few minute so that it sweats.
2. Heat oil in a pan add garlic, ginger & onions also add the spice mixture and stir it.
3. Add eggplant and mix very well.
4. Add yogurt mixture. Stir to mix and simmer on low heat until heated through. Do not boil or the yogurt will split.
5. Serve it with boiled or steamed rice.
To remove the bitterness from the eggplant cook it in the microwave for few minute and then wash it with salt.