- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low-Fat Eggplant and Zucchini Napoleon Recipe Video
|Eggplant||1 (About 5 Inch Long, Sliced In 0.5 Inch Slices)|
|Zucchini||2 (About 3 Inch Long, Sliced In 0.25 Inch Slices)|
|Pasta sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese||8 Ounce|
|Pimiento/Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (sal y)|
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.7 mg
Sodium 729.8 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 42.4%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. After slicing the eggplant, lightly salt it and let it sweat for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Spray the grill pan with olive oil and turn to medium heat. Place eggplant and zucchini on grill pan.
3. Cook on first side until soft for about 5 minutes. Once malleable, flip eggplant and zucchini to other side. Should see grill marks. Cook for another 4 minutes.
4. Lower heat to medium low. Add about 1-2 teaspoon of ricotta cheese on each zucchini and eggplant. Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoon of shredded mozzarella on each piece then 1tablespoon of pasta sauce to each piece.
5. Cover the grill pan to aid in the melting and heating up of the cheese, about 5 min. Check the underside carefully not to disturb the cheese on top to see if there are substantial grill marks.
6. Plate the eggplant and zucchini. Top with fresh ground pepper and oil.