- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant With Salish Salt Recipe Video
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Salish salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Eggplant||1 Large, peeled|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 551.6 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, add the olive oil and combine it with salt, Salish salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
2. Take the peeled eggplant and using a peeler or mandolin peel thin slices of the eggplant resembling bacon strips.
3. Coat these slices with the olive oil mixture on both sides and then transfer them onto a dehydrator tray.
4. Dehydrate these slices on both sides until they are nice and crispy like bacon strips.
5. Use these crisp eggplant slices to make sandwiches or to garnish raw salads.