- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Tomato Pasta Salad Recipe
|Fusilli/Bow-tie pasta||1 Pound|
|Canola oil/Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Eggplant||1 Small, diced|
|Celery stalks||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 691 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 21.2 mg
Sodium 228.7 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.8%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Bring some boiled water in a pot.
2. Add pasta in the water and cook as per the directions on package. Drain the pasta and rinse. After that, transfer the pasta to a bowl.
3. In the meantime, take a skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
4. Saute onions and garlic in the skillet for about 9 minutes or until browned.
5. Add eggplant, celery and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add in some tomatoes and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and add in oil, salt, vinegar, and pepper.
7. Add eggplant and tomato mixture in the pasta and sprinkle parsley on the top.
8. Toss and serve chilled.