- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Supreme Recipe
|Clams||1 Can (10 oz) (Whole)|
|Cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.1%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.2 mg
Sodium 381.2 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 56.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain the clams, reserving the juice.
2. Mince the clams and set aside
3. Butter a casserole dish or individual soufflé dishes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F
5. Peel and slice the eggplant
6. Drop in a saucepan of boiling salted water and boil till tender.
7. Drain well and add to a large bowl
8. Use a potato masher to mash the eggplant.
9. Blend in butter and seasoning.
10. Add the minced clams and mix well.
11. Spoon the mixture into baking dish or soufflé dishes.
12. Mix crumbs with butter and sprinkle on top.
13. Combine milk and clam juice and pour over the eggplant mixture.
14. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until crust is golden brown.
15. Serve straight from the casserole or in the soufflé dishes while hot.