- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Sublime Recipe
|Eggplants||2 Medium (Unpeeled)|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes with juice||32 Ounce (Unsalted, 2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, cracked|
|Garlic buds||2 Large, pressed|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , sliced with peel|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, seeded, thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 0.6 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 301.6 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 86.2%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Trim the stems from the eggplants. Cut the eggplants crosswise to 1/4-inch thick slices.
3) In a large heavy skillet, heat the corn oil.
4) In hot oil, saute the eggplant slices on both sides until lightly brown. Keep aside.
5) In a large saucepan, add the tomatoes along with their juice.
6) To this, add all the remaining ingredients.
7) Bring this mix to a boil.
8) Then, simmer, uncovered, until the quantity is reduced to half.
9) In the bottom of a casserole, make a layer of the eggplant.
10) With some of the sauce, top this layer.
11) Repeat this for the rest of the ingredients, ending the topmost layer with sauce.
12) With a lid or aluminum foil, cover the casserole.
13) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
14) Serve this with hot steamed rice.