- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Eggplant and Carrot Spring Rolls Recipe Video
|Carrots||2 , cut into thin short strips|
|Eggplant||1⁄2 , cut into thin short strips|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (as needed (coconut or any other oil))|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Spring roll pastry||6|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 102.1 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 102.1% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan heat oil and stir fry the carrot and eggplant strips in it
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste
3. For making the rolls, place two sheets of spring roll pastry on a dry surface and spread some of the filling on one side of the pastry.
4. Fold one of the corners on top of the filling and roll a tiny bit. Then fold the extremes closing both sides of the roll and complete rolling. Seal the roll with a little bit of water.
5. Deep fry the rolls, turning them once in a while.
6. Place them on paper towel to drain.
7. Serve hot with soy sauce or sweet and sour sauce
Spring rolls are normally deep fried, but you also have the option of baking them for 20 minutes in a preheated oven to 220 degree Celsius, which is a healthier option than deep frying them.