- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Salad with Jasmine Rice Recipe Video
|Eggplants||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced into 3/4-inch slices|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Italian parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||5 Tablespoon|
|Thai fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot chili||1⁄2 Medium, seeded and minced|
|Purple jasmine rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 444.6 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g29%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 50.2%
Calcium 3% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the panini grill to high.
2. Brush the eggplant slices with oil.
3. In a bowl mix together, lime juice, fish sauce, olive oil, sugar and chilli.
4. Rinse the rice thoroughly in cold water and drain well.
5. Grill the eggplant slices in 2 batches for about 6 to 8 minutes or until brown and soft.
6. In a bowl, place the eggplant slices and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and allow to cool completely.
7. Using a shape knife, chop the eggplant coarsely.
8. In a bowl, toss together eggplant, herbs and tomato.
9. Add in the fish sauce dressing and toss well with the eggplant mixture.
10. Allow the eggplant mixture to sit for 30 minutes; adjust seasoning.
For the rice
11. In a small saucepan, combine rice with water and salt bring to a boil.
12. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes until rice has absorbed all the water.
13. Allow the rice to sit for 10 minutes and fluff using a fork.
14. Serve the eggplant mixture over the hot rice bed.
15. Grilled Eggplant Thai Salad with Purple Jasmine Rice can also be served cold.