- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Salad Recipe
|Eggplant||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaf basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Yogurt dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.8 mg
Sodium 383.9 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 26.2% Vitamin C 41%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch cubes, take a colander, place eggplant cubes, sprinkle with salt and shake to distribute salt over all cubes.
2. On a plate place colander to drain and let it stand for 1 hour
3. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
4. In a large skillet heat olive oil and cook rinsed eggplant, onion and garlic over medium heat for 10 minutes such that eggplant is tender and browned, stirring frequently and set aside to cool.
5. Into a medium bowl spoon cooked eggplant mixture, dice tomatoes and stir diced tomatoes and walnuts into eggplant mixture.
6. To make dressing, in a small bowl, stir basil into Yogurt Dressing and season with salt and pepper. Into eggplant mixture stir seasoned dressing until combined.
7. Into a serving bowl spoon salad and sprinkle with parsley.
8. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
9. To serve bring to room temperature before serving.