- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Rollatini By Chef Ellie Espo Recipe Video
|Sliced eggplant||1 Large|
|Plum tomatoes||15 , seeded|
|Onion||1 Small, dice|
|Sliced garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh basil||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped marjoram leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped italian parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Capellini||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, drained|
|Goat cheese log||1|
|Fresh ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated pecorino romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 827 Calories from Fat 417
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.9%
Saturated Fat 22 g110%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.8 mg
Sodium 557.6 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.3%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 39 g77.8%
Vitamin A 96.8% Vitamin C 82.8%
Calcium 76.6% Iron 31.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take seeded tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper then place on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
2) The tomatoes will start to brown on the ends and become soft. Puree them in a food processor.
3) Then in a saute pan brown onions an add the garlic. Then add your tomatoes, chopped of basil and 1 tsp of chopped marjoram.
4) Let the sauce cook for about 15-20 minutes. If the sauce is too thick add a little water to thin it out.
Method for making for the eggplant:
5) Slice the eggplant thin to medium thickness and coat the slices with olive oil and salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet, then roast at 350 degrees for about 10 – 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Method for making the filling:
6) Place the cooked capellini in a bowl and cut the capellini with a scissors breaking up the strands.
7) Drizzle a little olive oil and add salt and pepper, add one egg, ricotta and Pecorino Romano then add the herbs.
8) Add ½ log of goat cheese, breaking it up with your fingers. Add about a few tablespoons of the tomatoes sauce, and mix thoroughly
9) Now proceed to roll your eggplant. Line your casserole dish with some of the tomato sauce. Place your eggplant rolls, seam side down, and top it off with the rest of the tomato sauce.
10) Dot the rolls with the remaining goat cheese. Then sprinkle with the remaining fresh basil.
11) Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
12)Serve warm with a glass of wine and enjoy!