- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Rice Base with Custard Topping Recipe
|Eggplant||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Brown rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cooked, cooled (3/4 Cup Raw)|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Or As Required, For Oiling Baking Pans)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Plus Additional For Topping)|
|Topping||2 Tablespoon (Additional)|
|Tomato sauce||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.1 mg
Sodium 255.3 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 21 g41%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a slicing disc, process the eggplant until sliced.
3) On a well-oiled baking sheet, place the slices and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the slices are tender.
4) Remove from the oven and keep aside and lower the oven temperature to 375Â°F.
5) In the processor bowl with a metal blade, process the Parmesan cheese until finely grated.
6) Add the eggs, ricotta cheese, milk and nutmeg into the processor bowl and process until mixed.
7) In a well-greased 9 x 13-inches baking dish, arrange the eggplant at the bottom and sprinkle with half of the nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice.
8) Spread a layer of rice over the eggplant and sprinkle with remaining nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice.
9) Spoon over the tomato sauce, then pour custard mixture over the tomato sauce and sprinkle with some more nutmeg.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
11) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.