- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Relish Recipe
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), flaked|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried chili peppers||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.3%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.7 mg20.6%
Sodium 2940.6 mg122.5%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.1 g64.5%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 24.4% Vitamin C 94%
Calcium 9% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Bake the eggplant in the preheated oven 1 for hour; allow to cool, then peel and keep aside.
3) In a skillet, saute the onions and green peppers in the oil for 5 minutes.
4) Rinse the coconut under cold water, drain thoroughly.
5) Chop the eggplant, sauteed onions and green peppers, coconut, salt, and chili peppers together.
6) Blend in the lemon juice and cream, continue to chop the mixture until it is very fine.
7) Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required and refrigerate.
8) Use the Eggplant Relish as required.