- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Parmigiana Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, chopped for 1 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned italian tomatoes||2 Pound (1 can)|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 can)|
|Oregano leaves||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggplants||2 Pound, pared, and sliced 1/4 inch thick (2 medium sized ones)|
|Mozzarella cheese||16 Ounce, thinly sliced (2 packages, 8 ounces each)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4164 Calories from Fat 2622
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 297 g457.4%
Saturated Fat 94 g470%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 815.3 mg
Sodium 7489.6 mg312.1%
Total Carbohydrates 236 g78.8%
Dietary Fiber 63 g251.8%
Sugars 69.3 g
Protein 173 g346.6%
Vitamin A 262% Vitamin C 279.6%
Calcium 357.2% Iron 147.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to (350°).
2. Take a medium -sized saucepan and add vegetable oil or olive oil into it. Saute garlic and onions until they turn translucent. Add tomato paste, tomatoes and sugar and stir well.
3. Simmer for about 45 minutes by stirring at regular intervals and simmer for another 15 minutes.
4. As the sauce simmers, take a pie plate and slightly beat the salt and eggs. Add bread crumbs to a second pie plate. Dip eggplant slices into an egg mixture and then to crumbs to coat well.
5. Take a large frying pan and add remaining olive oil or vegetable oil into it. Brown few eggplant slices at a time by adding more oil as required. Drain.
6. Take a large baking dish measuring 13X9X2 and pour about a cup of tomato sauce into it. Top it with one third of the browned eggplant, spread 1 cup of sauce over it. Sprinkle about one third of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses over it. Repeat the same with two more layers arranging slices of mozzarella cheese on its top.
7. Bake in the oven until the mixture turns bubbly -hot.
8. Serve eggplant Parmigiana with a dipping sauce.