- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Parmesan (Eggless) Recipe Video
|For the batter|
|Self rising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (Cut and soaked in salted water)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as required for the batter)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the breadcrumbs|
|Italian breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the marinara sauce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Crushed tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the assembling|
|Whole grain spaghetti||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained (Cooked as per instructions on the pack)|
|Mozarella cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the garnish|
|Italian parsley/Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (For the garnish)|
Calories 872 Calories from Fat 582
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.6%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.2 mg4.7%
Sodium 1757.9 mg73.2%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 23.8%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Baking dish / Individual serving baking dish
1. Take 2 medium eggplants and cut them into 1/4-inch thick slices. Soak the slices in salted water so that the eggplants do not turn brownish in color.
To prepare the batter:
2. Take a bowl with the self rising flour. Into that add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt and mix all these dry ingredients to well combine.
3. Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and gradually add the water while whisking the ingredients till you get a smooth batter. Once done, set aside.
To prepare the breadcrumbs:
4. In another bowl, take Italian breadcrumbs and into it add Italian seasoning and paprika. Mix to combine.
To fry the eggplant pieces:
5. Take the bowl of eggplant slices, dip to coat each piece with the batter and deep fry them, one at a time. Remove into a paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
To prepare the Marinara sauce:
7. Take a saucepan, heat it with olive oil and butter, add garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes and crushed tomatoes and stir well. Add salt according to your taste and stir.
8. Take an individual serving baking dish (can be baked as an individual serving or in a large baking dish as per your choice of serving), place the spaghetti coated with the marinara sauce followed by the fried eggplants topped with some more of the marinara sauce.
9. Sprinkle some of the breadcrumbs on top (optional) followed by sprinkles of shredded mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Finally a few more spoons of the marinara sauce on top.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes till the cheese melts.
11. Serve garnished with sprinkles of freshly chopped parsley or cilantro.
If baking in a large baking dish, layer the bottom with the marinara sauce followed by the eggplants and the toppings. When serving into individual serving plates, serve the marinara sauce coated spaghetti first followed by the baked eggplants.