- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Parmigiana Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), grated|
|Cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sauce||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (lasagna)|
Calories 793 Calories from Fat 428
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75%
Saturated Fat 25.8 g128.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.3 mg42.8%
Sodium 2072.6 mg86.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.2%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 51 g101.4%
Vitamin A 47.2% Vitamin C 25.3%
Calcium 96.5% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Properly wash the eggplant and slice them into 1/4 in rounds.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix the wheat germ with spices.
3) Firstly, dip the eggplant slices in milk and then in wheat germ mixture.
4) In a skillet, fry the coated eggplant until light brown in 1/4 in of oil.
5) On a paper towel, set the cooked eggplant.
6) In a separate bowl, combine the cottage cheese with 2 cups of grated cheese.
7) In shallow baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of lesagna sauce.
8) With a layer of browned eggplant, cover the sauce.
9) Over the eggplant, spread one layer of cheese mixture, 1/2 inch thick and repeat the process until all the ingredients are completely used.
10) Top it with the remainig 1 cup cheese.
11) In the oven, bake it at 350 degree for 45 minutes.
12) Serve hot.
Here's an old favorite Italian-style meal you'll enjoy.